Though the ME collection was introduced in 2012 with six summer and three resort on-trend shades, this is Dermelect’s first complete color lacquer collection. Dermelect turned to Celebrity Nail Tech, Elle, who is on Dermelect’s Board of Advisors to create a cohesive collection for ME. “Elle’s stellar reputation in the industry, as well as her tremendous fashion flair provided for an excellent opportunity to synergistically get involved with our innovative, anti-aging nail treatment colors,” says Amos Lavian, Founder of Dermelect Cosmeceuticals.
The 12 hues in ME’s Core collection include your staple nudes, pinks and reds in crème, sheer and metallic finishes, along with trend-setting blues, greens and purples, which Elle considers must-haves. “By adding in more vibrant, fashion-forward colors, this will allow you to create texture and your favorite nail art,” says Elle.
Just like Dermelect’s cosmeceutical collection, all of the ME anti-aging color treatments are named to evoke the esteem of the person who uses it:
- PRETENTIOUS-purple passion
- SWAGGER-autumn royal plum
- INDULGENCE-translucent pink
- RED-ICULOUS-classic chinese red crème
- VIVACIOUS-verdant pine green
- PHENOM-egyptian blue
- SO SUPERB-magnificent creamy mauve
- BLUE BLOOD-rich crimson with blue undertone
- DEBONNAIRE-opaque nude
- OPULENCE-french porcelain white
- STUNNER-metallic mocha blend
- DECADENCE-metallic espresso with green undertone
HOW IT WORKS
The first coat instantly bonds to the nail, while the second fuses with the base coat to create a flexible web of color that resists chipping and improves brittleness. The ME colors combine fast drying, high shine and a healthy ‘green’ dose of vitamins, peptides and moisture, offering a colorful solution to the contemporary woman’s beauty concern—aging nails and hands.
ProSina Protein Peptide-Hydrolyzed Keratin extracted from New Zealand sheep’s wool that strengthens the nails and moisturizes the skin.
- Strengthens weak, brittle nails
- Restores nail flexibility
- Helps nails resist chipping and splitting
- Provides long-lasting, high shine and bold color
- Water and detergent resistant
- Protects against UV rays
- Formaldehyde, DBP and Toluene FREE
- Cruelty FREE (no animal testing)
Dermelect’s ME Core lacquers, available April 2013, retail for $14.00 and can be purchased online at www.dermelect.com and at high-end apothecaries, beauty boutiques, salons, spas, medi-spas and doctors offices.